Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The waiting game

Friday all the girls from work threw me a wonderful surprise shower. It was so much fun seeing everyone since we are all in two buildings now. It was a great way to start the weekend. Last night Aaron and I finished packing up the bag. Baby G has two outfits to choose from when he comes home from the hospital. I also packed my mascara and lipstick. I know everyone says you really don't care how you look after you have a baby but none of those people know me very well. They should be happy I didn't pack a pair of heels just in case. I'm still working full time so Aaron has taken over dinner duty most nights because I'm just too tired by the end of the day.

Sleeping has become a bit of a problem. I wander though out the house looking for a comfortable place to sleep. Phoebe is my constant companion in my journey. She even sits outside the bathroom and waits for me. Poor dog is starting to look sleep deprived too. We both wonder how Phoebe and Speck will greet their new little brother. I know baby G has grown accustomed to their little barks after 9 months. Hopefully he will sleep through the barking. Because everyone knows that my girls love to bark.

1 comment:

  1. Very excited for both of you. I want to say that you will both be fabulous parents. It is rare to see a couple as prepared in every way as you are (and I'm not talkin' about the nursery!). Most of all, take a deep breath (or several thousand deep breaths) and enjoy the moment. As an agnostic, I have to admit, this is the truest miracle you will ever witness. Stay in the moment and enjoy the ride.
    Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete